Heavy Metals Testing
Metals are natural elements from our Earth but are extremely toxic (even in low concentrations) and can have damaging effects on your body (especially your lungs and kidneys.) You can be exposed to certain types of metals from the air, household products, contaminated foods and drinks, and possibly at your place of employment (manufacturing facilities) or at home.
Lead is dangerous and can be found in batteries, old houses (paint), cigarettes (and second hand smoke), and other places. Chronic exposure can cause cerebral edema, coma and convulsions.
Mercury is a shiny, silver-gray metal that is a liquid at room temperature. It can be found in thermometers, barometers, batteries, fluorescent lights and electrical switches. It may be in household paints in older houses. If inhaled, it can lead to severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever and several other symptoms.
Although found in your body at small levels, high doses of zinc and copper can also be damaging. Copper can damage your liver and kidneys, and can even cause death. Exposure to large amounts of zinc can cause stomach cramps, anemia, and changes in
Why Do I Need It?:
Exposure to metals can have very serious consequences to your body, especially children. The problem is you may not even know you’ve been exposed. If you and you’re family live in an old home (with old paint) or in a location with a lot of industry and manufacturing, you should strongly consider this panel.
Find out now if you’ve been exposed to heavy metals.
This panel includes the following tests: